Thank you for your interest in becoming a McBride Research Labs (MRL) distributor. The information below should be helpful as you determine whether this opportunity is right for you. Please note that the Instructions for how to be considered for a distributorship are at the bottom of the page.
Responsibilities of an MRL Distributor
A distributor of McBride Research Labs products is responsible, first and foremost, for serving the licensed cosmetologists in his or her area. Of course, this includes visiting salons on a regular basis and marketing MRL products. However, MRL distributors are also responsible for the following:
• Leading a local team of sales reps and MRL Educators to meet the needs of their customers
• Managing the finances of their businesses properly
• Ordering and managing local product inventory
• Holding educational workshops and events as warranted in their markets
• Marketing their businesses locally
• Communicating market conditions to home office so the customers’ needs can be met more effectively
• And countless other tasks required to truly be the professional stylist’s Partner In Styl
Key qualifications to become a distributor for McBride Research Labs
A successful distributor candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit. He or she will not have the skill set of simply a “salesperson” but an owner / operator of a distribution business. Given all of the responsibilities listed above, distributor candidates must possess the following:
• Demonstrated successful business experience
• Demonstrated successful sales experience
• A passion for helping customers run successful businesses
Previous experience in the hair care industry
Prior experience in the hair care industry is not required to become a distributor with MRL, but it is certainly a plus. MRL is committed to giving each of its distributors the product and business knowledge to operate an excellent distribution business that serves its customers well.
Part Time vs. Full Time
Given the size of the responsibility and the opportunity, a successful candidate must be willing to work as a distributor on a full time basis. No candidate who intends to work part-time will be considered.
Additional requirements for a potential distributor
Upon becoming a distributor with McBride Research Labs, there are resources that must be in place to ensure success.
• Initial investment – Approximately $15,000. To be able to carry the entire MRL product line, a potential distributor must be able to make an initial investment of at least $10,000 in product. In addition, the distributor will have to have at least $5,000 in working capital to cover business expenses during the ramp up phase of the business.
• Storage Facility – A potential distributor will need to secure a storage facility at least 10’ x 20’ in size in which to store product.
• Delivery Vehicle – A potential distributor will need to secure a vehicle (most likely a cargo van) large enough to carry the entire line of MRL products and serve salon customers.
• Technology Requirements– A potential distributor must have a Windows compatible PC computer and high speed internet access in order to interface with MRL internal systems.
MRL training for its distributors
Each new distributor upon being awarded the distributorship in his/her area will benefit from intensive training held both at our corporate offices and in the field.
Multiple distributors in the same area
MRL grants its distributors the right to distribute MRL products exclusively in their distribution areas. In return, we expect the same level of exclusivity. MRL distributors are not permitted to market competitive hair care products.
Determining if there is a distributor in an area of interest
McBride Research Labs has distribution in most major metropolitan areas within the U.S. Please call our corporate office at (800) 535-8683 to learn if there is a distributor in your area.
Please note that our distributors only serve licensed cosmetologist working in licensed salons. If you are a consumer seeking a retailer of McBride Research Labs products in your area, please click here to locate a salon in your area that carries MRL products.
Currently, we would be willing to consider add distribution in the following North American markets:
• Buffalo, NY
• Chicago, IL
• Milwaukee, WI
• Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN
• New Orleans / Baton Rouge, LA
• Toronto, CANADA
Areas not on the list without a distributor
If you home area does not have a McBride Research Labs distributor and it is not listed above, this may mean that your area does not have enough demand for our products to support a full-time distributor company.
We serve licensed cosmetologists in these areas from our corporate Customer Service department. If you are a licensed cosmetologist in an area in which we do not have a distributor, please call (800) 535-8683 to learn how you can begin using McBride Research Labs products.
Retailing products as a stylist
If you are a stylist, your local distributor would be happy to help you get started retailing our products.
• If you are a licensed cosmetologist working in an area in which there is an MRL distributor, please contact your local distributor or call our corporate office at (800) 535-8683 to get your distributor’s contact information.
• If you are a licensed cosmetologist working in an area in which there is not an MRL distributor, please call our Customer Service at (800) 535-8683 for more information.
If qualified and interested, next steps.
a. Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
b. Please include “RESUME AND COVER LETTER” in the subject line of the email
c. All candidates who submit a resume and a cover letter will be contacted within 5 business days.